Monday, March 12, 2012

Gender Reveal Story


Post Disclaimer:  This may be a bit long.....

For those who do not know we learned on Friday that we are expecting a baby boy!  Dan and I are beyond thrilled and cannot wait to meet the little guy :)  I know some of you may know that we were planning on waiting until our Hawaii trip to open the gender envelope, however it seems we were meant know a bit sooner...

Our 20 week ultrasound was scheduled for Friday.  We informed the technician that we are going to Hawaii in two weeks and would like to wait to find out the gender until that time.  She said its not a problem and made sure we turned away from the screen while she checked the gender portion of the scan.  The rest of the ultrasound went perfectly, she printed out some pictures to take home and we headed back to the waiting room for our appointment with the doctor.  After a bathroom break for me I headed back to sit with Dan and check out our baby pictures, at this time the technician came back out worried that she gave us the gender picture by accident.  I informed her that she did not and she handed us the sealed envelope.  Friday was a perfect day weather wise.  We stopped for some tacos after our appointment, which Dan practically swallowed whole.  At the time I didn't think anything of it, for those that know him he pretty much loves tacos more than anything else.  We then headed over to the beach to enjoy the warm weather.  As we are sitting on a rock Dan then says that we should open the envelope.  I was pretty surprised, I thought if anything it would be me telling him I cant wait to find out.  After double checking that he was sure about five times I opened it to reveal we were having a baby boy.  At the same time he pulled out 2 ultrasound pictures from his pocket that said "I'm a boy!"  Apparently out technician did give him the gender photos, he realized this when I went to the restroom but did not want to reveal it to me in a waiting room full of people.  That's also the reason why he ate his tacos so fast, he didn't want to keep the secret longer than he had to.  Looking back we are super excited we now know its a boy and figure if anything we have a funny story to tell regarding his gender reveal.  We always wanted it to be this really special moment.  This is one we will definitely never forget  On a side note, once our technician went over the gender portion she went from say "the baby" to " him or his"  I kept looking at Dan during this time to see if i was really hearing this, although he had no reaction and still says he didn't catch that, I am positive she said it about 4 or 5 times.  A special note to my Rhode Island family and friends, patriot items are completely welcomed!  Just don't tell Dan I said so ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment