Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pregnancy Craving, Fail.

I like to think that I haven't been that difficult with cravings through out this pregnancy.  I have never made Dan go out late at night, or had to stop immediately for something I was craving.  Everything I gravitate towards as far as food goes has been pretty manageable.  Earlier this week things slightly changed.  It was about 3:30 when I started craving a chocolate milkshake.  At first I tried to forget about it, but the more I thought about it, the better it sounded.  Once I left work at 4pm I pretty much convinced myself I should stop and get one on my way home.  Now this is the first time in 20 weeks that I actually made a big effort to satisfy a craving.  Since there is a McDonald's right across from our house it seemed super feasible.  I made it to the drive-thru, placed my order and even paid, which made me think my chocolate milkshake was guaranteed.  I pulled up to the final window and the employee told me my milkshake would be just a minute.  He came back after a minute or so only to inform me that the milkshake machine was broken......Really?!?! I still cant understand how the milkshake machine at a busy McDonald's was broken, especially on the one day that i decided to give into a craving.  My only other option was go through the trouble of getting my money back or get a fruit smoothie.  I settled for the fruit smoothie hoping the slushy texture would match what I was looking for with the milkshake, it did not, however the smoothie was surprisingly good.  Dan did make me a chocolate milkshake later that night, however I don't think I can trust McDonald's when another craving comes along.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Adam was relating that story to me and it had me laughing out loud. Like your grocery store story too ;)

    ReplyDelete